Sunday, 13 June 2010

The rain is so selfish, as is my front door

So today it's rained as usual for British weather. I'm there minding my own business when there's a knocking at my front door. I open it up, and there's no one there, I check round the side, there's no one there. When I get back to my front door, catastrophe has hit, ie. the door has shut.

Now to explain the concept of my front door. It's a security door. It might be unlocked but you can't open it from the outside without a key. Being I was the only one home, and my back door was locked you can start to understand why I was a bit buggered. I'm standing there in bare feet, a really thin top and leggings, in the pouring rain, staring longingly at the closed door.

So now I'm making my way to the back garden and seeing as I'm already soaked I sit down on the broken bench which I nearly fell off. After 20 minutes of think I'm screwed realise, "The kitchen window...is open." But there was a slight problem with that too, the kitchen window, quite small. (I'll try and upload a picture of it)  I may have a small waist size but my ass, slightly bigger!

Anyway after a bit of squeezing, I manage to fit through, but in the process I managed to put a foot mark on the window, step into a bowl of washing up, and face plant into a dirty frying pan. So the rain and front door ruined my calm relaxing day.

A final thought, if you have a security door, get a spare key and put it somewhere safe, but outside!!

No comments:

Post a Comment